Label Approval

You are here:
< Back

All beer and wine sold or distributed in Alabama require ABC label approval, including beer and wine that does not enter interstate commerce and beer and wine that are sold exclusively in the tasting room or brewpub.

No beer or table wine will be sold or distributed within the state without having first received approval of the label therein.

Ala. Admin Code 20-X-7-.01

The ABC instructions and forms can be found on their website here. Part of the application includes a copy of your federal Certificate of Label Approval from the TTB. Although the TTB does not require COLA for products that do not enter into interstate commerce, the ABC believes state law requires it under Ala. Code 28-3A-6(3).

Current Status

The Guild is in the process of requesting ABC Legal review their interpretation of state law that COLA is required for products that do not enter into interstate commerce.

Leave A Comment

Go to Top